James C. Melby Historian Award
Who may be nominated:
- Must be a member in good standing of the Cauliflower Alley Club at the time of nomination.
- Must have attended at least one CAC Reunion.
- Must be recognized as having conducted major research work in the eyes of the Historian Committee.
- Must be dedicated to maintaining the history of professional wrestling as a whole rather than having focused on one geographic area, territory, wrestler or promotion.
- Must have had part, or all, of his historical work published in some form, by a third party source.
- Must be willing to serve on the Historian Committee for a period of not less than four (4) years.
Who may submit nominations:
Nominations are ONLY accepted from past recipients of the Historian Award. If you believe that there is a deserving candidate, please contact David Buckler at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will forward your information to our Historian Committee.
When are nominations due:
Deadline for nominations is October 1. Nominations made after this deadline WILL NOT be on the ballot.
What happens next:
By November 1, Morgan Dollar will distribute a ballot containing the submitted nominees to the CAC Historian Committee.
The nominee receiving the highest number of votes will be selected as the next year’s honoree.
In the event of a tie, the Club’s Executive Vice President will cast the deciding vote between the two top candidates.